They say no good deed goes unpunished, and brother, they’re right.
Since I’ve burst onto the WordPress scene, (Okay, it was more like I fell onto the scene like a drunken douche, but you get the idea!) I’ve made some pretty cool contacts. One of them, a cool little piece of royalty named Redneck Princess, has seen fit to bestow upon me…
Apparently there’s no formal event where they serve you rubber squirrel and call it chicken, or a televised ceremony featuring slutty girls straight-off-the-casting couch in tight evening gowns who hand you a cheap statue in the form of a versatile blog. But hey, at least someone is actually reading this collection of cyber-rants I’ve collected to vent my ever-growing douchebag induced frustration, right?
Anyway, part of the formal obligations of The Versatile Blogger Award involves listing seven blogs you enjoy (I sure hope I don’t end up selling Amway products when this is all over!) and passing them on to others. My only problem with that is that there’s more than seven bloggers who have been supportive of my work (Such as it is), but here we go any way…
1. Zwinglius Redivivus: Jim was the first blogger to reach out to me and he’s someone who is actually taking to steps to have a positive impact on the world he lives in. As opposed to just cyber-attacking morons he encounters like I do!
2. The Mindslam: This blog is like Red Bull for your cerebral cortex! Enjoy.
3. Confessions of a Preacher’s Daughter: Sinfully entertaining, heartfelt at times and a never, ever boring. You’ll leave a changed person.
4. elenamusic: Musical musings and all sorts of fun.
5. L’universo secondo vedekdrew: Another loyal supporter whose site is never boring and incredibly versatile.
6. Recording Artist Ava Aston’s Blog: She’s cute, musically talented and insightful. What more could you want?
7. Easy. Lucky. Free.: Inidna’s site is a very cool snapshot of a young woman’s journey through this world wonderful world we live in. Enjoy.
Now I’m supposed to share seven thing you don’t actually know about The Hook.
1. The Hook is not my given name.
2. I am a mammal and a carnivore.
3. I am not, contrary to published reports, a douchebag myself.
4. Outside of my family and close friends, comics are my greatest love.
5. I enjoy watching Vampire Diaries with the wife, which sucks!
6. Fan Expo (The 3rd largest Comic-con in North America) is my Christmas.
7. I love my job – but not the douchebags! But you knew that, didn’t you?
There are others who are equally deserving of this award and I’ll try to list seven more in The Book of Terrible as soon as I can. To those who have been overlooked, please don’t track me down and torture me with household chemicals or Charlie Sheen webcasts!
- Versatile Blogger Award 2011 (misswhiplash.wordpress.com)
- I just received the Versatile Blogger Award! (dailynittygritty.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award (pkconfessions.wordpress.com)
Thanks! You’re listed on my other blog, so get over there later today.
Good for you! The douchebags won’t know why you keep smiling through all the BS, but we know. 🙂
Thanks again, especially for yesterday. Check out my other blog when you get a chance.
Awesome Awesome! Thanks Hook 🙂 That little comment of yours nominating me as a versatile blogger rounded off my day quite nicely! On to bed now, but I’ll be thinking about answering this little nomination thing while I’m at it! Thanks again!
You’re welcome and sweet dreams.
🙂 Well deserved, obviously…and I think you even made me blush a little…Checking out the other blog too…you are one busy guy!! Have a great Thursday!!
You too! I’m just lucky it’s quiet at work this time of the year. When that changes so will my productivity.
I knew I wuz right, Hook’s an alias!! (and I’ve gone through this twice, Stylish blogger wise. not that many interesting things about me to name.) BUT it’s a great chance to share ideas and little bits of info to whet the appetite, like you sucking !! OH no!! Vampire diaries sucks…Must learn to read propper!! 😉 xPenx
This is what I hate about these awards – I would have listed you if I had the space and time.
Congrats on the award. Thanks so much for including me on yours (what an honor) Since you listed me…guess that means I now have do this list? Sounds like that’s how it works. Anyway…when I get to it, you know damn well you will be on it. Congrats again…your stuff is awesome!
So is yours, man. I love your blog title.
I stumbled upon you somehow, and I had to stop and leave a comment because of point 5!!
I make my hubby leave the room when I watch this show – he just can’t keep his negatitvity to himself! lol
I don’t mind the show. Damon was great as Boone on LOST.
Nevermind…got it now…I didn’t get the award…this was part of what you had to for getting it…lol Anyway…you know that I would list you just like I did in my blog roll!
You would have got the award regardless. I just didn’t have the time to post my own list until I was kicked in the butt, so to speak.
Very cool! Here I always assumed your name was The hook 😛
That’s funny, I always assumed you were cheap! But maybe you are. Thanks for the visit.
You’d have to ask my friends about that.
Give them my web address! We’ll talk.
Congrats on the award, Whatever Your Name Is!
Will check out your nominees…
Thanks – for the congrats and the visit.
Yur given name is not the hook??? Wow! That is surprising….
I’m full of surprises, young lady.
Dang you go boy. Congratulations! Do you ever make it to Comic-Con down in San Diego? That’s like Mecca or something for comic book fans.
It is, but I don’t have the funds I’m afraid.
As far as the list of things about you I am willing to believe number 1 but I call shenanigans on number 5.
You got me!
Congratulations and thank you so much for all your support! I will be posting about this soon. ~e
You’re more than welcome.
#7 …very nice lol. and congrats on the award!!!
Oh la la!!! You are special!!! LOL!!! Congrats!!! A little late… but better than never!!!
I can count on you to make me laugh 24/7 Your qualities are the best. You are the cure for many illnesses. I promise it’s not a lie. ♥ Jackie