They say no good deed goes unpunished, and brother, they’re right.
Since I’ve burst onto the WordPress scene, (Okay, it was more like I fell onto the scene like a drunken douche, but you get the idea!) I’ve made some pretty cool contacts. One of them, a cool little piece of royalty named Redneck Princess, has seen fit to bestow upon me…
Apparently there’s no formal event where they serve you rubber squirrel and call it chicken, or a televised ceremony featuring slutty girls straight-off-the-casting couch in tight evening gowns who hand you a cheap statue in the form of a versatile blog. But hey, at least someone is actually reading this collection of cyber-rants I’ve collected to vent my ever-growing douchebag induced frustration, right?
Anyway, part of the formal obligations of The Versatile Blogger Award involves listing seven blogs you enjoy (I sure hope I don’t end up selling Amway products when this is all over!) and passing them on to others. My only problem with that is that there’s more than seven bloggers who have been supportive of my work (Such as it is), but here we go any way…
1. Zwinglius Redivivus: Jim was the first blogger to reach out to me and he’s someone who is actually taking to steps to have a positive impact on the world he lives in. As opposed to just cyber-attacking morons he encounters like I do!
2. The Mindslam: This blog is like Red Bull for your cerebral cortex! Enjoy.
3. Confessions of a Preacher’s Daughter: Sinfully entertaining, heartfelt at times and a never, ever boring. You’ll leave a changed person.
4. elenamusic: Musical musings and all sorts of fun.
5. L’universo secondo vedekdrew: Another loyal supporter whose site is never boring and incredibly versatile.
6. Recording Artist Ava Aston’s Blog: She’s cute, musically talented and insightful. What more could you want?
7. Easy. Lucky. Free.: Inidna’s site is a very cool snapshot of a young woman’s journey through this world wonderful world we live in. Enjoy.
Now I’m supposed to share seven thing you don’t actually know about The Hook.
1. The Hook is not my given name.
2. I am a mammal and a carnivore.
3. I am not, contrary to published reports, a douchebag myself.
4. Outside of my family and close friends, comics are my greatest love.
5. I enjoy watching Vampire Diaries with the wife, which sucks!
6. Fan Expo (The 3rd largest Comic-con in North America) is my Christmas.
7. I love my job – but not the douchebags! But you knew that, didn’t you?