Join 5,017 other subscribers
The Hook Be Tweetin’!
- @breakfasttv The Zellers in the Niagara region opens tomorrow at The Pen Centre, and the food trucks will be serving by Sunday. 55 minutes ago
- @katieemorann Keep fighting the good fight, Katie. You're an inspiration 59 minutes ago
- @HannahMHines Well done! It's great to see someone forging new territory in the rom-com field. 59 minutes ago
- @katieemorann I've read Doctor Sleep by @StephenKing a dozen times. 1 hour ago
- @PaulReiser @MeridianTCP And Canadians are loving you, Paul! Sorry you didn't sell out in Brantford, but at least… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- 493,257 hits
Tag Archives: the Seventies
My American “Cousins”.
To say Canadians and Americans have a complicated relationship is to suggest the Trump presidency has been somewhat controversial. Back in the late Seventies (the “Dark Ages” as kids today refer to that period of history) I spent a lot … Continue reading
Posted in Hotel Life Tagged Americans, Canadian milk, Canadians, Mac's Milk, milk, The Hook, the Seventies, Yankees 32 Comments
The Hook: Certified 100% Canadian Loser.
My name is Robert, but you can call me the Hook, everyone else does… and I am a loser. At this point some of you are thinking the following: “You’re not a loser, Hook!” “More self-pity from this guy? This … Continue reading
Posted in Hotel Life Tagged Canada, childhood, politics, sex, St. Catharines, The Hook, the Kardashians, the Seventies 46 Comments
My Childhood Wasn’t Exactly The Wonder Years…
The hurly-burly, wing-dingy activity that is the hallmark of summertime in Niagara Falls has begun. Today alone, I’ve seen a cat shoved in a suitcase, two hookers dressed as Sailor Moon (one poor girl was big enough to have her … Continue reading
Posted in Hotel Life Tagged 1970s, childhood, Kanye West, Lord of the Flies, Ontario, Playboy magazine, popcorn, Sailor Moon, St. Catharines, the Seventies 46 Comments