Yes, I’m still distracted by life. And its early.
You know what that means, don’t you?
It’s list time!
1) “Why’s it so warm in the lobby? Oh yeah, Engineering fixed the heat! They didn’t just say they fixed the heat to shut me up before running away and hiding until my shift ends, they actually fixed it!”
2) “Did one of the midnight bellmen really pull a white Superfly and dive over the Bell Desk to reach the coveted “good seat” in front of the computer before me?”
3) “And did he really pull a white Superfly and dive over the Bell Desk to reach the coveted “good seat” in front of the computer before me do it without breaking a Caucasian leg or any limb at all? Seriously?
4) Is the lobby really this quiet? It’s like The Shining in here! Scratch that, the folks in The Shining had something to do…”
5) “They’re playing a jazzy version of Dancing With Myself in the lobby? Truly? Is Billy Idol really that broke that he had to approve something like this? Can’t Adam Sandler put him in another movie? Why am I thinking of dancing zombies right now? Oh yeah, the video for this song – the non-crappy, non-soul-crushing version – features dancers in rags that are supposed to be zombies.”
6) “Why can’t I finish Book Two? Am I really this hopeless? I have ideas. And some of them are even non-sexual in nature. Though not too many of them, to be honest.”
7) “Maybe I don’t need to worry so much. I mean, it’s not like anyone’s waiting on pins and needles for another book from me. They have the latest page-turner from Snooki to look forward to.”
8) “Is this idea as far off the rails as I think it is?”
9) “Can’t believe I haven’t seen any hookers yet this morning!”
10) “Wait, scratch that.”
I have to say, Zombies have come a long way since then.
I’m feeling a bit like one myself this morning.
I feel your pain, Michelle.
Hang in there.
You have me laughing out loud and it’s barely 8:00. Now, I’ve got some strange, trumpet-infested, elevator-version of “Touch Myself” by The Divinyls going through my head. I know! I know! You spoke of “Dancing with Myself” and immediately my mind jumped to the Muzak version of the other song.
Clearly, it’s time to brew some coffee.
PS: I am waiting for your second book. I have no doubt you’ll be able to finish it.
I’ll say this: You’re one funny chick, Michelle!
And thanks for the vote of confidence. With friends like you, I’m sure to succeed.
You are sure to succeed even without friends like me!
😀 Laughing with my 10th (?) coffee. Didn’t laugh at #6 and #7. I feel for you. Just keep on keeping on. It’ll happen. ⭐
I know it will. I just need to focus, but… what was I saying?
I don’t even have book number one in the works yet… just two chapters started! Cripes… you’ll get it. You’ve done it before, my friend! 🙂
That’s what I’m afraid of.
My first book tanked!
Thanks for the memory re-boot with that video! Don’t you long for the days when MTV actually showed music videos? I can’t imagine what a “jazzy version of Dancing With Myself” would sound like… As always, a great post Hook 🙂
It’s… indescribable, actually.
PsiFiGal, I was thinking the same thing. What could that actually sound like? I do not think that I really want to know. Hook, great post as per usual. You are almost always good for a laugh and a smile. Keep up the good work.
I’ll do my best. Thanks for lifting my spirits with your support.
Nothing like a “co-worker” taking you down for a better seat …. awkward. How does one even move on from that insanity? Good laugh with my coffee this morning!
Better than a donut?
Sunday morning and hooker free? Hmm, maybe it’s just too early for them to be up yet? ha! Great Post Hook. You will finish your book – I have no doubt.
Oh, as an aside Hook, I just posted a new piece over at Cordelia’s Mom that you might enjoy. i’d be honored if you could find the time to visit – http://cordeliasmomstill.com/2014/11/22/the-teens-guest-post-by-paul-curran/ Thanks so much.
You’re more than welcome, Paul.
Thanks, Paul – for everything.
You give good list, Hook! 😉