I’ve always wanted to say that…
Moving on…. I hate to disappoint anyone – outside of the bedroom, that is – but my blogging generator is still chugging along at half-power.
Our buddy, Ned Hickson is setting the world on fire with 4,000 followers and I can barely hobble together a post. The good news is, I’ve been able to start another writing project, but the bad news appears when I try to transfer the chicken scratched contents of a Hilroy notebook to my computer. I’m able to set my thoughts to paper but when it comes to transcription I ‘d rather give Kris Jenner her hourly bikini wax than sit in front of my laptop.
But I shouldn’t complain… then again, I’m so good at it, how can I resist?
THINGS I HATE AT THE MOMENT…
1) Not being able to walk to the bathroom. These days, it takes at least ten minutes to relieve myself. That may not seem like an extraordinary amount of time but when you’re crawling across the floor on your ass and self-doubt is weighing you down, it’s a fuckin’ eternity.
2) Not being able to earn. I am… no, scratch that, I was the breadwinner at home. Now I can’t even provide crumbs. We’re getting by – hot dogs on bread and baloney sandwiches as a steady diet isn’t so bad – but my sense of self is keyed into my ability to provide for my family and I miss being able to do so.
3) Going without comic books. I miss my weekly visits to the comic store with my daughter. The day when she has better things to do than hang out with her old man is just around the corner – damn it – and this mess is cutting into what remains of our father/daughter time. I miss being the cool dad. Yes, a comic book nerd can actually be the cool dad. Shut up.
4) Having a reason to get up in the morning. My family is still the light of my life. They accept me for the dumbass I am. They’re not exactly pleased about it, but they accept it. However, every day is the same:
- Get up, crawl downstairs.
- Get cleaned up – on one leg.
- Sit on the couch – for hours.
- Switch to the porch.
- Come in and eat.
- Sit on the couch.
- Crawl upstairs.
- Go to bed.
- Pray for a bolt of lightning to penetrate my bedroom window.
5) Not being able to finish a post. Seriously, I’m done.
Not to worry, folks, I’ll be The Hook again soon, I’m sure. This is Robert, signing off.