I’ve been blessed with some truly cool, kick-ass blogging friends. Here is a guest post from one of them. To get a better understanding of this truly unique talent, click HERE.
And finally, HERE.
And now, without further adieu, here are some cool words from your guest host…
I was surprised to learn that The Hook with his millions of followers and billions of comments has never been Freshly Pressed (forgive me if these numbers are off, but I can only count to ten). I certainly enjoy The Hook’s stories and lists, and his blog is unlike any other blog I read. So why doesn’t WordPress ever pick The Hook for the Freshly Pressed honor? Here are 10 possible reasons.
1) WordPress editors often stay in the hotel where The Hook works, and in their opinion, the fewer people who know what goes on there, the better.
2) His blog is already too addictive as it is. As a matter of fact, I’ve been hooked just by reading the blog name.
3) When everyone is getting Freshly Pressed, WordPress had to leave someone not Freshly Pressed. The editors have picked The Hook for that honor because they think that The Hook is least likely to get bitter about it.
4) With the number of likes and comments You’ve Been Hooked must be getting already, a Freshly Pressed nod could actually mean a slowdown in stats.
5) The Hook never posts recipes or pretty pictures. I know I am very disappointed by the lack of pictures illustrating some of his racier stories.
6) “Featured on Freshly Pressed” badge would raise too many questions from hotel guests.
7) WordPress editors can’t decide which of The Hook’s blogs they should press.
8) For some unknown reason, WordPress prefers to feature blogs of travelers, rather than blogs written by those who have to deal with those annoying blog-writing travelers.
9) The blog theme that The Hook uses is cursed. How else can you explain that You’ve been Hooked, List of X, and about ten other blogs I know with the same theme all share the same glaring absence of “Featured on Freshly Pressed” badge?
10) Assuming The Hook gets Freshly Pressed, his book will get an actual publishing deal, be made into a blockbuster starring Brad Pitt (with Justin Bieber as Annoying Teenager #2), and The Hook will no longer need to work. And you know what that means: no more posts from The Hook. Sorry, Robert, your millions of followers don’t think so.
11) It’s very hard to Freshly Press The Hook. If you press too hard, it could lose its edge.
12) After reading You’ve been Hooked!, the WordPress editors are under the impression that The Hook is blogging for tips.
BUT WAIT! THERE’S MORE!
May 9 is fast approaching – like a horde of Beliebers on Red Bull – so put a few pennies away for Leanne Shirtliffe’s first literary offering…
Also worth checking out…
My ridiculously talented blogging partner, Miss Four Eyes has crafted yet another blogging masterpiece for your enjoyment and enlightenment.
Click on the pic below.
That’s an order, bitches!