Let me tell you, folks, its been a crazy day: the dog had a major medical emergency that has been nipped in the bud, hence the late start. Now that things are back on track, we can begin….
Now onto something truly important, my lovely wife’s birthday and our anniversary! I hope you enjoy my blogging tribute to my gal….
After eighteen years of marriage, there are actually a million reasons why I am the luckiest male on this plane of existence, but let’s keep it simple, shall we?
1) She said “yes”. And she was THE ONE – and I don’t mean Neo. And when THE ONE says “yes”, your life just falls into place.
2) Her light keeps the darkness at bay. I have my fair share of demons and dark memories, and while I have no desire to delve into my past here, I’ll say this: my wife negates any pain the past holds for me by simply being a part of my present.
3) Its been eighteen years and she still takes my breath away. And I’ve seen her in labor! She’s a cutie pie, no question. And she gets more beautiful every day of her life.
4) That thing she does with her tongue. She uses it to say “I love you.” What were you expecting? Perverts.
5) She gave me the greatest gift in all the lands, in every universe, on every plane of existence. Our daughter sometimes refers to me as a “comic geek – but in a good way!” However, she loves me and her love is more precious than any treasure. And I have her creator to thank for all the laughs, smiles, cries and priceless moments…
6) Her unwavering faith. No one has ever believed in me so deeply. Even when I’ve given up on myself, she’s there to turn a positive into a negative. I could come home after a disastrous day at the hospitality salt mines with two dollars in my pocket and my pain and frustration melt away in the presence of her smile.
7) She is the greatest daughter on the planet. Excluding my own of course. My father-in-law has had a rough time of it lately – to say the least – but no matter what life has thrown at him, his daughter is there to be his guiding light. My wife’s heart will be split asunder when my father-in-law leaves this world for whatever lies beyond. No parent could possibly ask for a more devoted, loyal child to care for them in their golden years.
8) In spite of her better judgement, she joins me at comic-cons. Comic book conventions aren’t for everyone – to say the least – but my beautiful VampireLover has always been there to prove that even the most hardcore fanboy can score with a hot chick every once in a while…
9) CENSORED! This one is private. Draw your own conclusions, perverts…
10) Her feisty attitude. We were recently standing in line at nofrills – a low-rent grocery store that is always great for people watching and blog fodder – when an off-duty cashier standing in front of us decided the wife was encroaching on her personal shopping space. The cashier pushed VampireLover’s items back with that little bar. The wife pushed back. The cashier pushed back. And so it went.
What happened next shouldn’t have come as a surprise to me at all…
“I’m going to kick her ass!” was the wife’s declaration of war.
The cashier blinked.
I did one of those awkward take-a-look-around-in-an-attempt-to-ignore-a-situation moves to divest myself from the whole ugly mess that fortunately didn’t become any uglier.
But inside I was saying “I love that woman.”
To be clear, I meant VampireLover, not the cashier…
Happy Birthday/Anniversary, wife.
You make my life worth living.