As a bellman I often encounter couples who are traveling together for the first time. I recently met a young lady who was dismayed to discover her new beau was a connoisseur of all things super-heroic.
She should have been on the lookout for the following signs:
- He wears Spider-Man Underoos – and not in adult sizes.
- At dinner he asks you to cut his food, because that’s what the last woman he traveled with did for him.
- His ringtone is the theme song from the 1960s Batman TV series.
- You discover Superman “no tears” shampoo in his bathroom.
- He insists on calling you “Lois” or Mary Jane”.
- You notice his eyes have trouble adjusting to anything but the dim light of his parents’ basement.
- He calls his room the “Fortress of Solitude”.
- Before being intimate he requests you refer to his “little friend” as Iron Man.
- He has a bumper sticker that reads, “My Other Car Is A Batmobile”.
- He dresses up as Batman, presents you with a Catwoman costume and asks if you want to see his “batarang”.
TIME FOR OTHER BUSINESS..
A shout-out to my newest blog buddy, Kristen Lamb and her best-selling tome, We Are Not Alone: The Writer’s Guide to Social Media. Give it a try, folks. You won’t be disappointed…
CHECK IT OUT!!
My first foray into blogging minimalism, 1,001 Reasons Why Steve Sucks… is up and running. Give it a look-see, will you?
- Comic-Book Geeks: A New Car-Buying Demographic? (moneyland.time.com)
- Cars for Comic Book Geeks? Curious Auto-Selling Strategies from Kia, Toyota (moneyland.time.com)