The giveaway window has closed, and the final tally is….
That’s right, kids, The Bellman Chronicles is now in the hands of thousands of people and I can only hope the momentum carries through to sales and reviews. But that’s the future; for now, there are some people I need to thank…
- Jo Bryant: Your blog is called Chronicles of Illusions, but you’re a true friend, young lady! I can never thank you enough.
- Claire Ridgway: Your article on Interviews with Indie Authors is responsible for most of my success. Of course, Jo Bryant led me to you, so she gets some more credit, as well! Seriously, follow Claire’s formula if you can and you’ll see the results.
- SnicksList.com: Worth a look, folks… Trust me!
- Pixel of Ink
- Twitter was essential as well. If you had tole me a year ago, that I’d send out over a hundred “tweets” in one day, I’d have asked you if you were drunk…
- Holly Adair at http://fmbblogtours.blogspot.ca/
- There are dozens of others and I’ll get to everyone soon – I promise! For now, I just want to say thanks to everyone. I have the best friends in the cyberverse.
At work, guests seem to ignore my presence, and so I get to overhear some real gems…
SORE GIRL: I can’t believe I let you fuck me in the ass last night!
LUCKY GUY: I can’t believe you didn’t charge me!
Would you like some context? I was standing on the second floor of our parking garage waiting for a guest to pull around when this couple exited the elevator and spiced up my morning – to say the least!
- Short and curvy.
- Busty. I’m going old school with this one!
- Waving her long, raven hair around as she arched her back and moaned. You can certainly understand just why her back was hurting…
- Lanky and dressed like a white rapper wannabe.
- One of those guys that losers look at and say “Boy that guy’s a loser!”
- Walking around with a few more dollars in his pockets, apparently…
It should be noted that the young lady certainly didn’t look like a hooker – my radar is usually infallible – but I could have been mistaken, or perhaps the boyfriend was just shooting his mouth off. Nothing would surprise me with those two characters…
Speaking of characters; my next room brought me in contact with two chatty “high-maintenance chicks” (their words, not mine) who decided to verbally slice and dice a cougar mom who looked like she mugged an Avon lady. The character assassination took place after she hustled her rugrats out of the elevator, of course.
CATTY GIRL #1: Did you see the heels on that cougar mom?
CATTY GIRL#2: I know! And what about her make-up? With the whole package, she gives Gene Simmons a run for his money!
It was at that point that they turned their attention to me; why, I do not know. Perhaps they picked up on my “vibe”, or perhaps they simply realized I could hear every word, especially since I was standing right beside them! At any rate, I decided to join right in…
THE HOOK: She looked nothing like Gene.
The girls froze, their faces expressed the tension they were feeling as they awaited my next sentence.
THE HOOK: Gene doesn’t wear nearly as much make-up!
The elevator exploded with laughter and I walked away from two more satisfied guests who had been… You guessed it, “hooked”!
TIME FOR OTHER BUSINESS..
A shout-out to my newest blog buddy, Kristen Lamb and her best-selling tome, We Are Not Alone: The Writer’s Guide to Social Media. Give it a try, folks. You won’t be disappointed…
And now… My first Blog Hop!
Starting 9/1 through 9/15, Romance at Random, & the participating sites below, are hosting a blog hop with FREE books! Enter your name into the Rafflecopter & you could be chosen to win:
- A Free Romance book! (10 winners in all)
- Be one of 5 winners to win a prize pack from author Elisabeth Barrett (check out her new release, BLAZE OF WINTER, below)
- Grand Prize is a $25 eGC
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Giveaway Day! (simplystephanieblog.com)
- Excerpt Dante’s Girl by Courtney Cole + Ebook Giveaway (iamareadernotawriter.blogspot.com)