The cyber-flood gates have opened and now (“now” meaning 12:01 a.m. Sept. 10 – 12:00 a.m September 11) my “love letter” to the Niagara Falls hospitality industry is free to anyone with the means to download it.
Even the douchebags.
In fact, they should download multiple copies; after all, they owe me for the last fifteen years! But right now, my gentle readers, you’re probably thinking about something else.
- The guys are thinking, “Does reading Fifty Shades of Grey automatically make me gay?”
- The girls are thinking, “Will Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson patch things up in time for the premiere of the next Twilight film?”
But after those thoughts have run their course, you’ll all be thinking, “Why is The Hook giving his book away? Has he finally snapped after slugging one laundry basket too many for some ungrateful douche-monkey?” While I will no doubt eventually snap, that day hasn’t arrived yet. The truth is this:
You can actually make money by giving stuff away.
- Every single download – whether the reader has paid for it or not – counts as a sale on Amazon and raises the author’s ranking, thus propelling him or her higher up the Amazonian food chain.
- If an author is truly blessed, those readers who have taken advantage of his giveaway will submit a review; you need review to draw the attention of certain book reviewing websites.
- When all is said and done, an author can only pray his giveaway will draw attention that will last long after the promotion ends and which will result in actual sales down the road.
And believe me folks, this is a long road that I’m traveling. I’ll keep slugging away long after my giveaway ends and hopefully in the end, I’ll actually sell more than twenty copies of The Bellman Chronicles.
A shout-out to my newest blog buddy, Kristen Lamb and her best-selling tome, We Are Not Alone: The Writer’s Guide to Social Media. Give it a try, folks. You won’t be disappointed…
MY THIRD MEDIA PLUG!
BACK TO BUSINESS…
Here is a brief list of some of the stranger things I’ve hauled around the hotel on my bell cart. What can I say? I was feeling nostalgic…
- A sleeping six-year-old. It was 5 a.m. and his parents didn’t want to wake the little rugrat as they were checking out. its all about the service, people…
- A pair of antlers. Hunters, right?
- Two drunken bridesmaids who wanted to make a “bitchin’ entrance” when they were introduced at the reception. Chicks, right?
- A goldfish and a canary. But not on the same cart; that would be nuts, right?
- Various forms of “erotic baked goods”, blow-up dolls and sex toys. I’ve transported so many penis cakes that it has become second nature. I need help, don’t I?
And now… My first Blog Hop!
Starting 9/1 through 9/15, Romance at Random, & the participating sites below, are hosting a blog hop with FREE books! Enter your name into the Rafflecopter & you could be chosen to win:
- A Free Romance book! (10 winners in all)
- Be one of 5 winners to win a prize pack from author Elisabeth Barrett (check out her new release, BLAZE OF WINTER, below)
- Grand Prize is a $25 eGC
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Here It Is, My 2nd Media Interview – And My First Blog Hop! (youvebeenhooked.wordpress.com)