Some guests just don’t get it. Or rather, they simply don’t care.
I recently ran into a guy who felt he could score some points with his girlfriend if he ran down the bellman. Unfortunately, he failed to take two important details into account:
- You don’t have to resort to publicly humiliating service workers to impress a hooker. I’m sure the young lady in question would argue the point and refer to herself as an “escort”, but the end result was the same: she was a bought and paid-for companion.
- When you shake a beehive, you’re going to get stung. The same principle applies when dealing with The Hook.
We’ll call this guy “John”, for obvious reasons… He felt it would be cool to hand me two wrinkled American one-dollar bills after I unloaded his eight bags of shoes, designer clothes and photography equipment. John also thought it would make him look even cooler in the eyes of his “girlfriend” if her smirked from ear-to-ear as he did so.
JOHN: Here you go, Boss! Now you can get some dinner!
John made a horrible miscalculation.
THE HOOK: Not without a time machine, I can’t.
The “girlfriend” exploded into a fit of laughter, any further putdowns from John died in his throat as his smirk melted away and The Hook headed off to record the entire incident for posterity.
Just to be clear: “The Customer is Always Right”, does NOT always apply in the corridors of a hotel…
AND NOW… SOME FREE SWAG!!!
Mark your cyber-calendars, folks…. My first free giveaway of The Bellman Chronicles runs September 10 – 11! As part of Amazon’s KDP Select program, I get a five-day window to share my work with the world for the low, low price of absolutely nothin’!
- I desperately need the reviews. Some book bloggers won’t even look at your work unless you fulfill a quota.
- Every download raises my Amazon ranking and shines a brighter light on my work, which is currently invisible as far as the reading masses are concerned!
A shout-out to my newest blog buddy, Kristen Lamb and her best-selling tome, We Are Not Alone: The Writer’s Guide to Social Media. Give it a try, folks. You won’t be disappointed…
And now… My first Blog Hop!
Starting 9/1 through 9/15, Romance at Random, & the participating sites below, are hosting a blog hop with FREE books! Enter your name into the Rafflecopter & you could be chosen to win:
- A Free Romance book! (10 winners in all)
- Be one of 5 winners to win a prize pack from author Elisabeth Barrett (check out her new release, BLAZE OF WINTER, below)
- Grand Prize is a $25 eGC
a Rafflecopter giveaway