In keeping with my ongoing examination of the ever-changing state of the hospitality industry, I’d like to take a look at those who, until now, have been nocturnal creatures, prowling hotel bars and hallways long after the sun has given sway to the power of the moon.
I’m referring to hookers.
You can dress the name up, call them “Fancy Ladies”, “Ladies of the Evening” or even “Escorts”, but they’re still “Women Who Have Sex With You For Money”. Its that simple. Honestly, they’ve been all over the place lately and this speaks to a greater truth about modern society
In the past I would only spot a prostitute casually walking into the hotel – and slowly stumbling out – during the wee hours of the night; these days, however, they appear at all hours. And trust me, I know the difference between an actual “street-walker” and a Kim Kardashian wannabe.
A HOOKER WILL….
- Gaze around the lobby wearing a vacant stare, as they search out the elevators. I don’t know if they’re looking out for cops, but they definitely look spooked.
- Walk proudly, with good posture – despite the look of confusion – which I can only assume is a part of ensuring job security; who wants a broken-down escort, right?
- Enter a building with purpose. They have a mission to complete, and it has nothing to do with attracting attention from anyone who isn’t named “John”.
- Wear outfits that are low-cut but weathered. No sense in spending a fortune on clothing that is just going to wind up in a heap on the floor five minutes after you enter a room, right?
KIM KARDASHIAN WANNABES WILL…
- Also wear a vacant stare, but not because they have been traumatized on the job. They’re just stupid.
- Stumble around with lousy posture, but only because they have no self-respect.
- Seek out all the attention they can get… just like their namesake.
- Only dress like a hooker. They’ll spend other people’s money (parents, sugar daddies, etc.) to dress up that which they essentially give away, rather than charge top dollar for.
Sex workers in Ontario (my home province) are now able to hire drivers, bodyguards and support staff and work indoors in organized brothels or “bawdy houses,” while exploitation by pimps remains illegal. Three prostitution laws in Ontario were struck down recently – one governing bawdy houses, another pimping and the third communicating to sell sex services after the Ontario’s Court of Appeal released its decision on a 2010 ruling. As far as I can tell, this has made all the difference in the world. The lay of the land has definitely changed in my neck of the woods when it comes to prostitution and it shows. Johns don’t feel as embarrassed engaging the services of a professional and the professionals in questions don’t mind walking – or laying down – in the light.
I honestly don’t know if a hooker is actually wiser to charge their companions directly for sex, as opposed to the young girls of today who demand shiny baubles and new outfits for coitus. But I’m not here to judge, just observe and comment.
Besides, it makes little difference to a bellman if the guest he’s serving has hired his hot companion directly or she’s simply sucking him dry metaphorically rather than literally. I don’t care who takes my services; as long as they pay me appropriately.
Wait a minute…
SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES….
June 9. 2012 10 A.M – 7 P.M.
Scotiabank Convention Centre
Niagara Falls. Ontario. Canada
For full details, click here, fan boys and girls!